Thursday, December 6, 2012

Zoe Update

First, let me say, it’s been a long night.  But of course, with my excellent dogtoring skills, Zoe could not have been in better paws!

See me dogtoring Zoe…I think I need a white dogter coat!

me and zoe

Anyhow, my mom was at the vet before they opened this morning ready to go.  Mom said Dr. Tate is WoNdErFul and him and all his staff were so sweet and gentle with Zoe.

First they did an X-ray…

Zoe xray2

And then they delivered the bad new.

Zoe Xray

Zoe’s femur has been badly broken along with a few other breaks and dings.

Poor Zoe.

She will be having surgery today and will have to stay at the dogter hospital fur a few days.  Then she will come home fur me to take care of  her fur about 6 weeks.  Looks like a long recovery fur Zoe, but we will love her and help her through this!

Remember how I used to hate Zoe….I used to growl and hate on her a lot.  Now, I have turned a new leaf and last night realized that she was not that bad!

Mom said that is a good thing since she will be staying in the house to recover!

Mom said thanks fur all the paws that were crossed and prayers and to keep them coming cause Zoe is going to really be needing them!

17 comments :

  1. OUCH! Zoe, I'm so sorry you're so broken. Butt...I know that Higgins will take really good care of you. We'll still keep our paws crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awful break. OUH!!! Poor Zoe. But you know what? I know that Zoe is in the best paws possible. I know you will take good care of her. We will still say our prayers for Zoe and only uncross my paws to pee, eat, and jump on the couch.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh my I can't look, and Bites just goes ouch!!! We will continue to cross them paws and say a few prayers at bedtime for her. You do your bettest when she comes home, give her hugs and kisses for us!!!

    Your Pals
    Susie, Bites & Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh bless dear Zoe. Higgins we know you will take good care of her. We are thinking of you. Our love and best wishes and mend dear baby.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Zoe! I am glad she is going to be okay, but so sorry for her broken leg! At least she can heal and I know she will be in the best hands when she comes home. Our late basset Barney had pins put in his leg when he broke it and recovered fine as I hope Zoe does. I'm glad you are being so good about her Higgins. Between you and your Momma, she will be well taken care of. Sending all our prayers and good vibes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, just refreshed our reader and noticed you had posted an update. Prayers for quick healing for Zoe. So glad you are there to take care of her once she gets home!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, that's quite a break! Poor Zoe :( I am very glad that she will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are sending all our prayers and healing vibes to Zoe. Poor baby that must be terrible for her. Hope she feels better very soon!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Higs, I just read about poor Zoe. That looks so ouchy! I hope the surgery goes well and that she gets better soon. You're a good boy for looking after her X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Zoe....she is in our thoughts and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping our paws crossed here for Zoe.
    Get better soon... Santa is coming

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this? OUCH, poor Zoe! Paws crossed for a good recovery
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well crap. Boy, that Zoe is one tough chick!! OMD!
    Higgins, you keep being the great dogter that you obviously are, and watch over Zoe when she gets home. I'll be keepin' my paws crossed for her speedy and painless recovery.

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woof! Woof! Ouchie Zoe. Sending you lots of Golden Healing Thoughts. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor baby. We have all our paws crossed.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are sending positive thought s your way, take care Zoe!

    ReplyDelete