Thursday, December 8, 2011

Something Smells Tail Waggin’ Good!

My mama is awesome!  Today she whipped up some yummy Pumpkin Dog Biscuits!    My mom does not know how I know, but each time she bakes me something, I am on high alert and ready to help!! 

IMG_5767

Here is what you need for the  Pumpkin Bog Biscuits:

Canned pumpkin, brown rice flour, milk power, 2 eggs, sea salt, dried parsley. 

A willing and ready to help Chihuahua is always a must!

IMG_5769 IMG_5770

This recipe can easily be mixed by hand, but mom loves using her Kitchen aid, so there you have it.    Mix the following with whatever makes you happy….

Cream eggs and pumpkin together, then add powered milk, sea salt and dried parsley.

IMG_5773 IMG_5774

After ingredients are mix thoroughly add flour.

IMG_5775 IMG_5776

On floured surface, knead and roll out to desire thickness.  I like thinner, more crispy treats so mom rolled my dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness.  Use desired cookie cutters, bones, cats, fire hydrants and desired size cutters…what ever makes you drool and place biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet.

We used a small dog bone cutter, because I am a mighty dog in a small package. 

I also like my snacks bite sized!

IMG_5777

Try to be patient.  That is the hardest part of making these, just saying.

 IMG_5779 IMG_5780

Once on cookie sheet, take a fork and make  fork patterns, just because.

IMG_5785

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes each side.  That’s a total of 30 minutes.  When done, cool them on a wire rack.

IMG_5781

Dad gave me one that was still warm because I could wait no longer….

It was lip-smackin’, tail waggin’  GOOD!

By far, of all the goodies mom has made me, it was my favorite!

YUM!

NOW…..the good part!

Since it’s that time of year,

and I am sporting my reindeer in training hoodie,

and I love to share….

(not really, but my mom makes me….)

I am giving  away some yummy snacks for you to try!

IMG_5784 

That way if you love them, like me, your mom can make you some too!

I’ll pick two winners tomorrow  to receive two stacks of 5 pumpkin treats!

All you have to do is make sure you are a follower of my blog and leave a comment! 

Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

Here is the official recipe.

Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl or mixer, whisk together eggs and pumpkin. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley. Add brown rice flour gradually, to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.

Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, ask first – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go.   Add a small amount of water if needed to keep pliable. 

Place shapes on un-greased cookie sheet. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking.   **Bake 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.

* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not tolerate wheat well.

**We baked our biscuits for 15 minutes, turned snacks and then baked an additional 15 minutes (30 minutes in total).  Our snacks were rolled thin, so they did not require the additional 10 minutes of baking.  This is something that you may want to adjust to you pets liking.

1 comment :

  1. Oh boy!!! Miley was just wondering if Higgins was going to have another give away!!!! YAY!!!! she will be very excited to hear this yummy news!!!! She thinks Higgins is da bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete