Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pet Blogger Challenge

Pet Blogger Challenge

I have given my mom my complete permission to post on my blog today for this challenge.  With that being said I have snoopervised her the entire time to make sure that she did it correctly!  ~Higgins

Thank you Higgins!  I also want to say that this is the first year that we are participating in the Pet Blogger Challenege.  This blog has brought much joy to me over the past few months.  I hope that you will visit and enjoy the crazy antics of a Chihuahua named Higgins.  Also posting on this blog weekly (and sometimes more) is cousin Ginger the Boston Terrier.  Thanks for visiting!  ~Patrice, Higgins Mom

1. When did you begin your blog?

July 2011

2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?

I started this blog for my dog because I think he is the best thing since buttered grits.  I thought it would be a great platform to discuss all things Higgins and anything that pertained to animals and the betterment of them. My sister-in-law also allows her dog Ginger to blog for this blog as well.

3. Is your current purpose the same?

Pretty much the same!

If not, what’s different?

Nothing different really, the only thing different that I would like to incorporate is maybe some fun giveaways in the future!!

If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?

I feel that we have met our goals.  In the beginning it was a slow start, but November and December brought about lots of new friends and a desire to jump back into blogging each day!

4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?

In the beginning I tried to do so on a schedule, as of late, it has been when the spirit moves, which seems to be a lot!  There is always something to blog about around this joint!!  BOL!

Ginger Bell, Higgins cousin that lives in Florida does blog each Tuesdays for the segment that we call Tuesday Tidbits.

If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?

To begin with it was blog Monday through Friday, on a certain topics each day.  That seemed to limit the creativity and spontaneity that we love around here.  More than likely, the reason it did not work for long and the reason for the blogging slump.

If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?

Not right now.  There seems to be an endless amount to blog about.  If things keep up on this current road, I do not think we will have much to worry about in the blogging department.

5. Are you generating income from your blog?

We do run sponsor ads from BlogPaws.  We started those around November so we have not received any income yet.  I am sure it will not make us rich by no means, but will allow a few dog treats here or there!

If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how?

We are always open to do more than!  I am a stay at home mom/housewife always looking to generate some income!  With Higgins as my faithful sidekick, I am sure he could help with that, and we are willing to any opportunity!

6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?

I love the creativity of blogging.    This is my platform to talk to the world and to share ideas or thoughts or whatever may pop into my head!  Pet blogging has been the most fun because I can talk through my most favorite four legged companion!  I love seeing the world through Higgins eyes  and blogging from his perspective.  Higgins makes it so easy with his fun loving outlook on life.  He is always up to something and makes life so much fun!!

7. What do you like least?

Before moving over the pet blogging world, what I liked the least was negative feedback I would receive from my personal blog.  I have always be free and open on my thoughts and feelings.  Since blogging, as we know, is open for the world to read what you put on the web.  I would receive negative feedback, mainly from family.   I felt that I was not able to be as open and honest with my feeling like I wanted to.  My personal blog is still up and running, but I am having a hard time blogging on it right now.  I miss it, but for now, Higgins blog is where I feel comfortable at  for the blogging time being.  I also need to give a huge shout out to pet bloggers, they are an awesome group of bloggers!

8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?

I hope to see it to continue to grow in readership as well as follow more blogs.   I want to see this blog have a purpose.  I am at loss of  how I want it to have more purpose maybe because I do not know that purpose is.   Right now I feel it has a more entertainment feel and readers come to it each day to see what in the world Higgins is up to!!  What if there could be more where it not only entertains, but is helpful as well?   Not sure, but if this blog is meant to be more than what it is, that will come when the timing is right!  Right now, we are enjoying our new friends and blogging about Higgins  world, according to him!

20 comments :

  1. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!! Think I will follow you, hehe, cause you are cute! Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Higgins is very cute, celebrating his awesomeness seems like a good purpose to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A littledog eh *lol*At the corner of Awesome and WHAT? Love it :) you're doing pretty well for such a new blog, so well done. Hope you have even more fun this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading what shananigans Higgins has been up to! BOL! Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool to read about the history of your blog! I can't believe it's only been around since July... you have it set up so well that I thought it would have been around a lot longer than that! I also like your response about where you feel your blog is going in 2012... Having a purpose to something will really make people want to read and learn more about you and your adorable family members! :)


    LizAnn

    All4UrPet Representative

    http://all4urpet.com/



    Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to learn more about your blog Higgins. I would venture to say that all of our dogs think they are better than buttered grits. Ha, ha. We are glad to have met you recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to read about this blog!
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Higgins, for giving your mom to blog and letting her play with the bloggers in the challenge. =)

    I love your blog design and graphics! I agree with an earlier comment - it looks like you've been around a lot longer than that. It was great to read about your history and I'm glad you're finding it more comfortable hanging out with us pet bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just hopping through to give you a big rousing hello. HELLOOOO BOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Higgins!
    This is my first time to your site and I love it!
    I hope you'll be staying around for quite some time with this community, it has a way of growing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginger Bell gives you a round of appaws Auntie Trice. Great Answers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you have brought Higgins to the pet blogging community. He's a wonderful addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to meet you Higgins! We see you have a big family like me too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved reading your entry for the challenge and learning more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There were so many things that I wanted to say about how much I enjoyed reading your profile but when I scrolled down all I could notice was that you have a cousin cat named Tilda, which made all the comments fly out of my head. My sister's name is Tilda and -- Tilda Swinton aside -- it's a very rare name. How did cousin cat Tilda come by it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is Jenny the owner of Tilda and Ginger.

    Tilda's whole name is actually Matilda. My son named her after the book they were reading in class at the time. We shortened it pretty quick after getting her home and Tilda stuck. She only get's the full name when she has been a bad girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heya. This is my first time stopping by, on the Pet Bloggers Challenge, so I thought I'd say hi before having a look at the rest of your site. I really like your layout and design - it's very appealing, though simple.
    Happy blogging for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patrice--It's nice meeting you and hearing about your blog.

    If you're looking for some inspiration in finding a purpose, you should check out Kol's Notes. Jodi also channels her puggle, Kolchak, and has a great sense of humor (make sure you go to the bathroom before you read).

    She also supports her favorite causes including pet nutrition. I have a feeling you'd really like her blog a lot.

    Good luck in meeting your 2012 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Higgins for letting your mom write to your blog.

    Negative feedback is definitely one of my least favorite things about blogging. Although it doesn't happen that often on the Puppy In Training blog it does happen and always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I can't wait to see what in the world Higgins is up to in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Animals should be secure during the trip and not allowed to jump around or hang out of the window. harnesshub

    ReplyDelete