Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Mischief And It’s A Doosey!

Mom wanted me to start off by saying that we have has a rough week!  She thinks I am trying to test the theory that not only cats have nine lives, but Chihuahua do too!

Wednesday evening was a typical night with me and Zoe fighting over a rawhide bone…no biggie, until I decided to show Zoe who is the Mantastic King and swallow it…Yep, a big ‘ol hunk of rawhide!

At first my mom thought the strange noises coming from my mighty mantastic self was me choking…yes, mom I was choking but also I was not breathing!  She went into total panic screaming mode and preformed the Heimlich maneuver, or as we are referring to it, the dog-lich maneuver!  The first two times she did it, nothing and then dad told her to turn me upside down and it worked!!!  Whew…

Needless to say I got some pretty fantastical kisses that night!

Next incident was late Friday afternoon when I went missing…again, mom was in total panic screaming mode calling for me when she happened to catch a glimpse of me out of  the corner of her eye…

IMG_9064 IMG_9065

I was stuck on top of the alcove in the side yard!  It does not look like a scary thing, but the rock I was stuck on was like 87 thousand feet straight up!  I was pacing back and forth on a rock trying to figure out how to get down when Dad  came to rescue me!

IMG_9066

Hurry Dad, mom is having another panic attack!!

  IMG_9069

Just as dad and Zoe were half way up, I noticed a way down and started running!!!

Again, lots of  kisses and hugs from mom cause she was so happy that I did not plunge to my death!! 

I have been up to lots of mischief this week!!!!! BOL!!!

18 comments :

  1. Wow, that is a lot of mischief! Good thing you were able to get down AND that your Momma person knew the heimlich too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The not breathing ...not cool. I was all 87 kinds of worried about you. Glad your peeps knew what to do. But playing King of the Hill that is cool. And if you still have some stick work to be done I would be happy to come over and help. No charge, I do it for the shear joy of it. Just let me know and I'll be there.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you were OK. You gave us quite a scare. What more mischief have you been up to? Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUDDY you are gonna make your mom and dad old before their time if you don't quit scaring the poops outta them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Higgins, we know our plan for life is to give the peeps lots of Crap, but scaring the poop outta them is not part of any plan, so calm down a hair or two!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  6. Higgins, do not scare the mom like that!! My mom would have freaked out too. I'm glad you're safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you on the blog hop Higgins! I think you've worn out at least half of your mom's nine lives!!! Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! That is such a scary week. I think you should take a vacation or something...too much danger there.

    nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Higgins...let's take this down a notch! You's gonna give your pawrents heart failures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEA Moms!!! Oh your Moms ROCKS Higgins!! Savin' your ManTastic self! I hopes you gave HER some extra kisses, too! And gettin' stuck up on that rock? Oh,you are indeed gonna drive your Moms to drink...
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! You would have given momma a heart attack. Glad all is well NOW
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Higgins, we are so relieved that you're okay! That episode with the rawhide chew is especially scary, and thank goodness your mom and dad were able to think and act so quickly to save you! Whew! How did you end up on that rock? Was there a squirrel that needed chasing? Try to stay out of trouble--you're giving all of us humans more gray hairs.

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a week! Poor momma. Higgins, sounds like you have a Super Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Higgins, you have to stop scaring us like this!!!! It's all very well and good to scoff rawhides and go off and have adventures but only if it's not going to result in almost losing Higgins!!!!! Boy, are we glad you are ok!!!

    Woof

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzer Higgins, you even gave me a panic attack just reading all that!!

    So happy you're ok dude, you know mischief isn't supposed to be life threatening, right? :)

    Have fun and stay safe,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Higgins! You are a lucky boy.

    You should know that the upside-down Heimlich works on little humans, too. My baby sister had a bad choke (not with a rawhide, tho) and my dad did this. She was fine after, but we were all scared.

    So glad your folks knew what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello.This post was really interesting, particularly because I was browsing for thoughts on this topic last Friday….

    ReplyDelete