Sunday, August 7, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday!!

I think I can woof with total excitement!!  I can tell you that I am going to love “Scrumptious Sunday”!!  Oh yeah, my tail is wagging with pure excitement!

My mom ordered a cook book full of  yummy recipes just for me!!  The cook book is called Three Dog Bakery Cookbook.  They have a bakery and are also on TV….gotta check that out.  Anyhoo, before I start to drool, let’s get right into the recipe. 

We made “Simple Simon’s Birthday Bones”

 IMG_4865

What you need is flour, baking powder, peanut butter and milk.  Don’t forget willpower.  I was wanting to lick that peanut butter so badly!!!

IMG_4866 IMG_4867

Mix the peanut  butter and milk really good.  Then add the dry ingredients.

IMG_4868  IMG_4875

Mix all that really good.  Then throw the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.

IMG_4876 IMG_4879

Roll out dough to  about 1/4 inch thick (ours were a little thicker because mom read it wrong, she thought it was 1/2 inch) .  We used tiny animal cookie cutters because, well I am a small dog, but she also used a larger cookie cutter for the big dogs outside.  So whatever makes your pooch happy!  Place on a greased cookie sheet, or not, mom used stoneware and she did not grease it.  We baked the little treats for 10 minutes and the bigger ones for 20 minutes.  After baking, let them cool on rack.

IMG_4877  IMG_4882 

I was beside my self with excitement.  I always know when she is doing something for me and I was about to have a panic attack when she no longer let me help make the snacks.  I can’t help that I was wanting to taste  EVERYTHING!

IMG_4883 IMG_4884

Oh my, I am in heaven.  Fresh, right out of the oven, warm, melt in your mouth, HEAVEN!

We even packaged some up for friends!!  Nice huh??

Here is the official recipe.  We made a half batch because someone…JOEY, (he is the youngest human teenager) ate all the peanut butter!!   Also, let me know if you make these at home!!

Simple Simon’s Birthday Bones

2 cups whole –wheat flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 cup skim milk

Mix peanut butter and milk.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead.  Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes.  Places on greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375 or until lightly brown.  Cool on rack then store in an airtight container.  Makes about 30 large bones.

1 comment :

  1. I will have to bake some and see if cousin Ginger likes them as well.

    ReplyDelete